The Lexington Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) has been formed to engage a broad spectrum members of the community to aid in the development of this visionary plan for the future physical development of Lexington
CPAC Committee Charge
The Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC), a committee appointed by the Planning Board to engage community stakeholders, residents, and the community-at-large to develop a visionary plan for the future physical development of Lexington
Adopting Authority of LexingtonNext
Per MGL Ch. 81D, the Lexington Planning Board will adopt LexingtonNext, which the CPAC prepares.
According to the Open Meeting Law, the CPAC shall conduct its meetings and communications, per MGL Ch. 30A.
Additional CPAC Information
The CPAC will work with consultant(s), landowners, residents, business owners, Town Officials, and Town staff through an open, public, inclusive process to develop the Planning Board's consideration for adoption as the Town's planning policy MGL Chapter 81D.
Engage with the Lexington Community to guide the future of Lexington's land-use decisions to ensure a sustainable and equitable future for Lexington.
- Development of a collective vision of what Lexington is and should be
- Development of a town-wide engagement process to build consensus around land use, preservation, and conservation of land and resources, along with neighborhood/area planning
- Development of goals that create an equitable and sustainable community
- Development of an implementation plan that drives the future of policy, regulation, and land use planning in Lexington
Established in 2018, the CPAC, appointed by the Planning Board and has been charged with developing a visionary plan for the future physical development of Lexington.
- CPAC Membership
- Thirteen (13) individuals from the Lexington community
- Appointment By
- Planning Board
- Members' terms will be three (3) years, or until the Planning Board adopts the Comprehensive Plan (expected in the winter of 2021).
- CPAC Chairs
- Sarah Felton and Chris Herbert
The CPAC is comprised of residents who reside within a variety of neighborhoods or voting precincts in Lexington, who reflect Lexington's population. Ideally, the CPAC has relevant knowledge/experience in housing, transportation, economic development, public facilities, equity, sustainability, public engagement methods.
Members of the CPAC are appointed by the Planning Board.
Note: It is desirable and strategic for several of the CPAC members to be Town Meeting Members.
Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) Members
- Sarah Felton, Co-chair, Precinct 2
- Christopher (Chris) Herbert, Co-chair, Precinct 4
- Christian (Chris) Senna, Precinct 6
- Deepak Amenani, Precinct 4
- Hema Bhatt, Precinct 9
- Larry Freeman, Precinct 1
- Leonard (Len) Morse-Fortier, Precinct 7
- Marilyn Fenollosa, Precinct 5
- Matt Daggett, Precinct 2
- Pat Sullivan, Precinct 7
- Ray Yuan, Precinct 6
- Richard (Rich) McDonough, Precinct 5
Members from the Planning Board, Select Board, and the School Committee serve as liaisons to the CPAC. Liaisons are designated to relay information and report feedback to their respective boards/committees. Members of these boards/committees include
- Planning Board
- Robert (Bob) Creech
- Melanie Thompson
- Select Board
- Joseph (Joe) Pato
- Mark Sandeen
- School Committee
- Kathleen Lenihan
The CPAC held meetings on the following dates. Meeting minutes are captured for each CPAC Meeting. CLICK HERE to review meeting minutes.
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Tuesday, August 19, 2020
- November 14, 2019
- November 6, 2019
- October 29, 2019
- October 2, 2019
- September 24, 2019
- September 4, 2019
- August 27, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- July 30, 2019
- April 2, 2019
- January 30, 2018 – CPAC: Initial Orientation Meeting