We are currently working on a further updated Draft Comprehesnive Plan. The Planning Board will begin a detailed review of further updated Draft Plan over the summer. The Board will review the draft plan over a series of public meetings. Below is the schedule broken into sections related to the Plan’s goals. Additional meetings may be added as needed to complete the review. The exact time, location, Zoom information, and final meeting agendas will be posted several days before the meeting here. Drafts for each section will be posted here as they become available. Public comments will be taken at each Planning Board meeting. Written comments may be submitted to Planning Director Abby McCabe and Planner Molly Bellanger at Planning@lexingtonma.gov.
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 – 6:00 pm on Zoom. Comprehensive Plan Update overview and review of next steps.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – 6:00 pm on Zoom. Public Facilities & Services, Recreation & Community Gathering, Transportation & Circulation
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 – Sustainability & Resiliency, Open Space & Recreation, Historic Resources
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 – Housing, Economic Vitality
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 – Diversity & Inclusion,Executive Summary, Vision Statement, Key Themes
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 – Implementation Plan, Executive Summary, Vision continued review if needed.
The Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee is expected to meet in September to review a final Draft of the Comprehensive Plan. A public forum will be organized for mid. to late September to present a final draft Comprehensive Plan.
The Planning Board will then review a final draft to consider for a final review and approval in fall 2022.
Since the commencement of Lexington Next, the CPAC has held several public events to distribute and collect information. Check out past events held by the CPAC here, including presentation material, videos, and other information and documentation provided to attendees.