Over the next several months, the CPAC will be preparing drafts of LexingtonNext. As drafts are released, they will be found here.
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
Massachusetts General Law (MGL) Description
A comprehensive plan, also known as a master plan, is a visionary document that helps guide a community to make decisions about land use. Below is a series of facts about comprehensive plans.
- The Planning Board is the adopting authority of a comprehensive plan
- Guided by Massachusetts General Law (MGL), Chapter 41, Section 81D.
- Sections of a comprehensive plan include:
- Goals and Policy Statements
- Land Use Plan Element
- Housing Element
- Economic Development Element
- Natural and Cultural Resource Element (Historical Resources)
- Open Space and Recreation Element
- Services and Facilities Element (Public Facilities)
- Circulation Element (Transportation)
- Implementation Program Element
Quick Facts - Did you know a comprehensive plan ...
Discovery Day, 2019: attendees were asked a series of questions, which pins were placed on various reponses